• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Brain dead jerks

cat320

Charter Member
I emailed case to se what type and weight oil they recomend for my machine for the trannie and the axels .It says that you have to put the right oil in for certain axels.I get a response of use case hytran oil .So ok I would like to use another oil what is the type and vescocity still get the same anwser go see the dealer that I asked and had no clue what it was but hytran . Are they playing with a full deck or what?

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
Pm sent with Case customer service info, I didn't want to post his contact information online.

salesrep

Occupation
Sales Rep
I am not clear on your query.
The axle oil and the transmission fluid are generally going to be of different weights and types.

BRL

My guess of the bottom line of the query is he wants to try a different brand, maybe even Schaeffer's ;) But the dealer won't or can't tell him what oil it is supposed to be. Cat320, maybe if you go back to the dealer you can get them to hand you a bottle or bucket of the Case Hytran to look at. I would think the label should say what it is, correct? Then you can have the info to go buy a different brand. Case & the dealer might not want to tell you to hopefully have you buy theirs. The other thought I had was the manual for the machine should also list what the correct oils should be?

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
It sounds to me like they aren't willing to help you out if you want to buy someone else's oil products, but they're too shortsighted to see that someday in the future that'll cause you to buy someone else's machine...

cat320

Charter Member
That is what I was trying to get at with them I need tranmistion oil and axel oilIn the book at the dealer or emailng case directly gets me no answers as to the weights.But in there book they do state that I need a specific type of oil for the axel that is on there and they point that out by different axel numbers the front one is not problem but the rear one is gone from the axel. You would think that they could just tell you what it is because they do not make the oild for it as they do not make the filters but just put there names on it.

cat320

Charter Member
It's a 1997 case 580L 4x4 non turbo engine. it has the 40th annaversiry graphics on the hoe arm

salesrep

Occupation
Sales Rep
This machine calls for a universal tractor fluid in the hydraulics and transmission and a GL-5 rated gear oil in the axles (80-90 would work fine).
See previous post.

Last edited: