• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Broken Crankshaft ?

partsandservice

Plant Fitter, this engine does not have individual plugs for each injector, if it did what you speak of would work. There is one plug going in rocker cover and each injector has two wires held down by a nut. These could be undone one at a time bot the rocker cover would have to be off during the process. Each time one was unplugged it would create an open cicuit code. In this application the code would go inactive after relacing the wires and would not have to be cleared, although it would be better to clear if all the programming was availble.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Willie, the stunned part lasted about fifteen seconds, the maniacal laughter started soon after.

Drifter

Well, we now know it is possible. Talking it out helped me work through this problem logically. Talking it out also made me make sure I covered all the bases before removing the engine for tear down. This is a common rail fuel system and an engine I dont have programming for. I purchased a new fuel line cut it and welded the line then used this tool to block off one cly at a time. Found number five cly almost dead. Replaced the injector and the vibration is gone. The bad injector producred no smoke and no codes so it must have been stopped up or tip stuck closed. Thanks to all.

I was just going to post and ask you if you didnt just have a hole that wasn't firing right. Good catch!

JeremiahSr

Occupation
Vice Pres./General man./Technician
About unplugging injectors 1 at a time...some engines (1 in a volvo ec330b lc excavator) i am working on now works off of AC current. Says on the valve cover 90v beware of shock. I dont know the amps but i bet it would sting more than a gas engine spark plug wire!