• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Brush Truck

CT18fireman

Occupation
Owner
Steve on another site you posted pics of a brush truck from you FD. I am helping a friend design a work truck with lots of tool storage but still a flatbed. He doesn't want it to be a utility body but somewhat modular. Could you post or e-mail those pictures to me.

Anyone ele with ideas please feel free.

will_gurt

Charter Member
Occupation
operator in extended holding pattern
strech the truck and put the tool storage in front of the flat bed between the bed and cab.

CT18fireman

Occupation
Owner
Going to be awfully long plowing with it then. This is why he wants to stay away from the utility body. The old one rotted out from the spreader. He wants to go all aluminum in the back. Bed and Diamond plate boxes while leaving room for a spreader.

LaLaMan

Get the weatherguard under body tool box units. If you need more just get a Knacck or Jobox gangbox and take if off when your done.

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
Choose the chassis, then get an 8 foot flatbed. Put Weatherguard High Side Boxes (or any preferable brand) up on top of the flatbed from the cabguard of the flatbed to the back of the flatbed. I don't remember how long they are, but get 2 going end to end so that basically 2 of the boxes are going to be about 7 feet long, taking up most of the side of the flatbed. Do this on both sides of the truck, so that you have a total of 4 boxes on top of the bed. Then put a narrow tool chest up front behind the cabguard between the high side boxes, probablyg going to be about 4 feet wide or so. Then, put 2 underbody boxes in front of the rear wheels on both sides. That'll give you a total of 7 boxes and about as much storage you can get out of a short chassis. If you went with a 12' flatbed, you could get an additional underbody boxes behind the rear wheels for a total of 9 boxes. When I start working full time, I'm going to get a 1 1/2 ton truck with at least a 10 foot flatbed and use this same setup. This is the best way to get the most versatility and save yourself from getting a huge truck.