• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ca 305CR Missing Accumulator

Phil_C

Hello All
My 305CR had a bad hyd leak under the seat. I traced the issue to the accumulator control valve but also found that there is no accumulator on my 305. I am not sure if it has been removed of if it was never fitted with one.
What effect would the missing accumulator have?
Just wondering if it worth fitting one.

Regards

Phil

Phil_C

Hello Nige
The serial number is in my signature but I had 305CE instead of 305CR. Sorry about that. Serial number is CAT00305VDGT01480.

Regards

Phil

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Answer is that for machines S/N DGT447-Up the accumulator could be added after the fact. The accumulator is part of the Pilot Lines. As far as i can see it provides a method of limited hydraulic system operation in case of engine failure with the implements in the air.

Look at view F-F next to the main control valve. The accumulator is Ref #6.

upload_2021-5-30_21-27-43.pngupload_2021-5-30_21-28-22.png

Phil_C

Hello Nige
Thanks for the info. If that's all the accumulator does I think I can live with out it for now. So the valves that I thought were leaking are not leaking but the cap bolts on the relief valve below those two valves were loose and that is the area the oil appeared to be coming from. There was that much oil and crap on everything it was hard to tell. I will give it all a birthday while it is out and change all o-rings and clean it all up. This valve block was a nightmare to get out and will probably be worse to get it back in.
The valves I thought were accumulator control valves, one I think is for isolation of the pilot system when the left joystick is lifted up and the other I think is for high speed travel.

Regards

Phil