• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Calavar Condor 38A electric man lift - drive functions are weak/failed

AJSDIYer

Hello, I recently bought a Condor 38A 36 volt electric boom man lift. The drive functions are not operating very well, if at all. All the lift functions and steering functions work perfect. Lift, extend, 2nd lift arm, steering, bucket tilt all work.

When activating the joystick, I hear/see both electric motors spin up, and it WILL go forward, but only if it is flat, or downhill, as long as a pebble or acorn doesn't get in front of a tire. LOL

I think only 1 drive motor (it is 2WD) is performing. But I also wonder if the brakes aren't releasing, maybe on that 1 side. I have driven it forward, it prefers fast mode for that, and I have driven it backward, it prefers slow for that, but basically, reverse is a no go.

I have tried to find any diagnostic procedures on how to trouble shoot this, and I'm coming up blank. I did find a scanned parts manual that has the schematics in it, but no real troubleshooting, operations or service guides.

Is there any way to "hot wire" the drive motors to see if they are working? How would you go about troubleshooting this? I do not have experience with electric hydraulic, but I'm learning, and generally mechanically inclined. Thanks in advance for any ideas, or tips.