• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cali genius (true story)

check

Whats ironic is any "special haz waste" I've ever sent out that contains oil, from say a gas station, ends up at the landfill. Its all about the paper trail, even though its been hauled off site, the company or person responsible, will always own it, even with it in a landfill.
That's it in a nutshell. The whole purpose of environmental cleanup companies is to move nasty stuff from point A to point B at a very high cost. Do not expect the media or the government to ever disclose much about point B.

When I worked in the oilfield we payed environmental companies big bucks to haul off tanks of contaminated substances to dispose of. We used to simply inject them into our dead wells. I found out what the environmental companies do with the stuff. They inject it into dead wells elsewhere.

Delmer

Why would a bare cartridge be hazardous waste and the cartridge inside the can not be?

Because the can is recyclable, so spin on filters get a "pass", just like waste oil burners are allowed with conditions. The cartridge has no recycling value, so it's hazardous waste.

Truck Shop

Well, why am I not surprised that this originates in Kalifornia, land of fruits and nuts. We have let the nut jobs take over the asylum, and here is one of the many fine results.

And here all this time I was told it was the land of milk and honey.:)

hetkind

There is the concept of cradle to grave tracking of hazardous waste to avoid things like Love Canal and Times Beach, Missouri. When I used to work in the environmental field, we would track the material until it reached the EPA certified TSD (treatment, storage and disposal) facility, and only once we got the manifest, back from them signed, did our responsibility end.

Howard