• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1845C Service and Repair

Prospector

I purchased a 2001 1845C, (built in 2000), and want to keep it maintained as close to factory specs as possible. The original owner had it serviced by the Case dealer for the life of this machine. The service records came with it when I purchased this machine. It had a couple of electrical problems which I was able to correct. It also came with a D125 backhoe attachment which I do not need. The hours are: 1638.

What I do need is an equipment trailer, since my original trailer is not wide enough for my newer machine. This 1845C is 72" wide. I also need the service and parts manuals since I am not able to find a reasonably priced set on-line.

Any assistance with these issues would be appreciated.

Jbullfrog

Parts can be looked up on Case site with ease. The parts and service manuals are available on E-bay, but for the most part, the owners manual will tell you everything you need for maintenance. With that low of hours, it is barely broke in.

Prospector

Parts can be looked up on Case site with ease. The parts and service manuals are available on E-bay, but for the most part, the owners manual will tell you everything you need for maintenance. With that low of hours, it is barely broke in.

Thanks for your comment and encouragement. I am not at this time using my 1845C commercially, yet wanted to have the repair manual on hand for future issues. I still have the manual for my 1840, which I sold. It covered most of the basic safety information, specs, lubrication points and adjustment information.

I will look at Ebay again to see if the prices are any better than my last visit.

Jbullfrog

If you had an 1840, you shouldn't have any probelms finding your way around an 1845c. They are the same internals with a wider and longer frame. Plan on spending a few hundred for the parts and service manuals, as the 1845C was and still is one of the most popular loaders.

Prospector

If you had an 1840, you shouldn't have any probelms finding your way around an 1845c. They are the same internals with a wider and longer frame. Plan on spending a few hundred for the parts and service manuals, as the 1845C was and still is one of the most popular loaders.

Thank you jbullfrog,
The 1840 that I had was purchased from RSC rental, they saw me coming and I trusted them to provide a machine that was in decent condition. I was taken advantage of on the machine as well as the trailer. They were both quite worn. The cummins engine was still good but the service was not done regularly on the front pins and it had a bad chain. I now use the most expensive moly grease on my 1845C.

PS, I am also from Iowa but do not recognize the town that you live in. Is it in the northern part of Iowa?

Prospector

I found all 3 manuals online, on CD or DVD for my 1845c. The web address is: http://case1845c.com. The shipped price for all 3 manuals was only $52. I should post this low price in one of the other forums also so that the word gets out quickly for other skid steer owners.

Prospector

I found all 3 manuals online, on CD or DVD for my 1845c. The web address is: http://case1845c.com. The shipped price for all 3 manuals was only $52. I should post this low price in one of the other forums also so that the word gets out quickly for other skid steer owners.

The CD that contained the manuals were all photo copies of the originals! Are there copy right infringements involved in doing this for profit?

Prospector

I have not been through the whole CD, only a quick look. It appears to be readable photo copies, as far as I can tell. My concern was that it was a package of photo copied pages rather than an actual Case product. It was only after it arrived that I discovered what they were doing. The single CD should contain all three manuals. It is a 700 MB CD. The photos are a little grainy but the print appears to be fine.