• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1845c year??

Bex

Hey all, First time posting here; been creeping more and more on here since I picked up an older 1845C skidsteer. It has around 3900 hrs... 3.9l cummins diesel engine

I was hoping someone would have some insight on what year it may be. The aluminum plate with the model number and ID number is located near where your left foot goes and half has been rubbed off over the years.

One the plate I can read: Model Number: 1845.... Product I.D. Number: FO3335(next might be a 2)....
It has a black cab, if that means anything.
I bought some seals for the Hydraulic spool and they fit using JAF0339423.

It started and ran perfect till the other day moving 4 feet of new snow in Whittier, AK, it just stopped running (after about 2 hrs) and will turn over but not fire at all. I can't get 12volts at the injector pump solenoid. I am thinking of replacing the wiring harness for the relay/fuse area(pretty rough shape overall)but want to make sure I order the correct one. Thanks if anyone can help or give moral support.... Roy

phil314

Occupation
Instigator of Choas
Early 1845c had a brown cab and a split lap bar - right and left bars that flip sideways.
Later models had a grey cab with a single lap bar that pulls over you head.
They changed the wiring harness configuration a couple times, so you'll want to be a little more sure to get the right one.
The wiring diagram breaks are pre JAF250482, JAF250482 to JAF277353 and JAF277353 and after.
The fact you have relays would indicate you're in either the 2nd or 3rd break.
See if you can get/find a wiring diagram and try to match it to the wiring on your machine would probably be best.

Bex

Thank you for quick response. I found one that looks darn close on Coleman equipment website... Do the JAF numbers coincide with the Product ID number on the ID plate? I.E: FO333522 = JAF333522 ?

Bex

SWANNY, I might be hotwiring it soon enough but I was thinking of replacing the harness as a preventative thing as Im sure more issues would come up down the road... I haven't checked if mine is gold-plated yet. heh

phil314

Occupation
Instigator of Choas
Thank you for quick response. I found one that looks darn close on Coleman equipment website... Do the JAF numbers coincide with the Product ID number on the ID plate? I.E: FO333522 = JAF333522 ?

I have no idea on that. I'd guess not.
Like you said, there should be a plate by your left leg/foot.
I've always gone by that. If yours is missing, I'm not sure how you'd figure out the serial number.
You may only be able to guess at it within a range.

Bex

I have no idea on that. I'd guess not.
Like you said, there should be a plate by your left leg/foot.
I've always gone by that. If yours is missing, I'm not sure how you'd figure out the serial number.
You may only be able to guess at it within a range.

So, the Product ID number i first wrote down was not complete. I can just make out the JA now so JAF03335... Thanks for the help!

phil314

Occupation
Instigator of Choas
So, the Product ID number i first wrote down was not complete. I can just make out the JA now so JAF03335... Thanks for the help!

Yeah, you got it now. It should be JAF and then 7 digits, so 03335XX in your case. The last 2 probably don't matter, if you can't read them.
At least you've got a serial number to order the correct parts now.
I just look at my plate and it does say 'Product ID number' next to the serial number.

Bex

So I made up the last two numbers resulting in JAF0333523, called CASE and they said it was a year 2000. Might be a good reference for someone else trying to figure year... Thanks fellas!

jason huiting

Hi all,
I have an 1845c but the serial # is very different from all the others I see on here.
It doesn't start with J or any letters
It is an all numbers 8 digit i.d.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

phil314

Occupation
Instigator of Choas
I believe the first year for the 1845c was 1986.
They didn't start using the JAF serial numbers until 88.
So I'd guess that yours is an 86 or 87.
Does it have planetary gearboxes at the drive motors?
If it does, it's 1990 or earlier for sure.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The last year of the brown/red cabs was 94 and split lap bar. 1995 was the start of the grey cab and one piece lap bar. Perhaps those pieces of trivia can help narrow it down.

sims

1845C 1987 Serial Numbers 17955000 thru 17981300. So yours appears to be the 352nd machine produced in 1987.

SimS

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
1845C 1987 Serial Numbers 17955000 thru 17981300. So yours appears to be the 352nd machine produced in 1987.

SimS
Got that pretty close now just need to know if it was built on a Friday or Monday, everyone knows those are two of the worst!:D

sims

@hshansen;
This unit is 30+ years old. All the Monday/Friday stuff has been repaired, replaced or "wore off" many moons ago. :)

SimS

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
@hshansen;
This unit is 30+ years old. All the Monday/Friday stuff has been repaired, replaced or "wore off" many moons ago. :)

SimS
Another reason I might prefer a well cared for older machine! Yep my main machine for mowing the larger parts of the "lawn" is a 1947 Farmall BN. So if there are any Monday/Friday problems with it they were caused by me!