• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 445 issues

Jer01

Hi, so I bought a low hour case 445 series 3. It was fine when we were test driving it and everything went we’ll so we brought it home. The previous owner bypassed the seat sensor to a toggle switch. Everything was fine until it started hanging up when trying to turn like it was going back into park but wasn’t displaying that it was in park just acting like it. It will still have functions but will go backwards and hang up until It “grinds” out of it then it’ll move fine until I try to steer sharply then it does the same thing and gets bound up. I’m not sure what the issue is or if it could be something sticking or not. Machine is a 2008 with 1020 hours

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
It sounds like it could be the drive chains. Next up would be a drive motor, but it sounds like a chain/sprocket to me.

Jer01

Is it possible that they are loose and can they be adjusted? Have only had a track machine before

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Is it possible that they are loose and can they be adjusted? Have only had a track machine before

Yes they can be adjusted, I don't think I have ever needed to do it and I have owned many of them. My guess would be there is something more than just an adjustment issue. When they need adjustment you will usually hear the chain click when moving in high gear.