• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 450 Injector Knowlege

Hayden903

I have a case 450 Dozer S/N 3065239 According to the parts manual for the dozer of my S/N range with 207D engine it shows i should have Injector 140828 Stamped 20673, RPL A140827 so i am assuming that means that the replacment part it 140827. By chance what would happen if i put injector A140829 in instead, it has an opening pressure of 3150 instead of the 2750 and it has a spray angle of 160 instead of 150. would this greatly effect the operatrion of the engine? I was sent injectors with a P/N A140829 which i am pretty sure is going to be the injectors for slightly earlier 188D engines and not for the 207 engine. I am new to this and was wondering how much all these pressures mattered. I attached pictures for reference. injector part number.pngScreenshot 2023-11-30 215423.png

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
The higher opening pressure will put extra strain on the inj pump, making for hard starts.
The angle difference will hit the top of the piston wrong and possibly burn a hole in the piston or cyl wall..
Do not change just 1 injector, EVER..
Injectors are superseded regularly.. Stanadyne has a SB that states, when updating from a lower opening pressure to a higher o.p., the injection pump must be turned up..approximately 10%..(1/8 turn)

Last edited:

Hayden903

thats where the confusing part is, the prior serial numbers look to have had a run of injectors with the higher opening pressure in late model 188 engines from what I can tell and my pump just got rebuilt, i had my injectors tested at the pump shop and they said they were used but had life left in them. that was all the details i received. and many parts houses are selling one size fits all injectors so i dont know what to buy

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
And look at the price difference.!!!
U can buy 4 “aftermarket” injectors for the price of 1 Oem.!! (Stanadyne)
I can tell you by experience, the aftermarket injectors are hit and miss.. I got 4 for a customer that didn’t want to spend the money for Oem injectors..
Just to CMA, I pop tested them before they went out the door..
Idk what criteria they go by, but that junk wouldn’t fly in a U.S. fuel shop.
I ended up fixing all 4..

If u read closely at the write up for the aftermarket injectors, they tell u to replace them “in sets” only..

There are several fellas on the forum that have bought aftermarkets and had to pull them out after a few hours..
And I’m sure there are some that bought them and have no trouble with them.. but u rarely hear about those..

Last edited:

Hayden903

I was suspicious of the low price of these aftermarket injectors, my machine is running good no smoke starts fast. I was only considering changing injectors because people say rebuild the pump and it should get new injectors to. I’ll probably just keep running the factory ones before I swap to the Chinese units.

Welder Dave

Could be that people who bought aftermarket injectors don't want say anything for fear of jinxing themselves.