• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 450 with Fuel Problems

mr hurt

Occupation
electrical engineer
action shots

took a few pictures of my first project, it always is a great stress reliever to push down trees, should have had a before picture but was to excited it actually runs to stop and take picture :)

you can see my brush guards i made out of expanded metal and the front guards i made from some old pipe laying around.

Attachments

• IMG_2057a.jpg
    IMG_2057a.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_2059a.jpg
    IMG_2059a.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 587

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Nice pics mr hurt - your tracks look a little on the tight side.......

mr hurt

Occupation
electrical engineer
thanks, what would cause the tracks to be tight? too much grease?

will is reach an equal point with running it or do i have to let some out?

alrman

Occupation
You should back them off a little by letting some grease out of the adjusters. Ideally you would have a little bit of sag between the carrier roller & the idler. ;)

mr hurt

Occupation
electrical engineer
ok will do

also just got notified, our factory will be closed week of july 4th for the holiday.

yes unexpected dozer time.

mr hurt

Occupation
electrical engineer
ok took grease fitting loose and no grease came out, even drove dozer forward and backward and track did not loosen up any.

also attached is picture of front wheel and how far it is from the stop. could the spring adjustment be stuck?

Attachments

• wheel1.jpg
    wheel1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 495
  • grease1.jpg
    grease1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 498

CMSMOKE

Removing the grease fitting won't relieve the pressure. You need to put a 7/8" socket on the hex head shown and loosen it. It is a check valve. Sometimes it is helpfull to put a block of wood in front of the idler and move the dozer forward. Grease will come out at that point. That is a nice old machine. Brings back memories, thanks for showning us.

alrman

Occupation
Sometimes if there is alot of dry mud build up in the adjuster area, they wont go back easily. If you loosen the valve & it still won't go back, try jumping on the track.

mr hurt

Occupation
electrical engineer
ok,
i finally got time to work on my dozer, i took a 3/4" socket and backed the check valve off and didnt even get it out before grease came out everywhere. and track instantly sagged down, without even moving the dozer.
now if somebody could just figure out how to get me more time to use dozer that would be great :)

Delmer

The temporary patch is to clean the fitting out, and/or break up the glass ball and clean it out. This temporary fix may result in the flex ring breaking up and the engine "running away", so you take your chances.

mr hurt

Occupation
electrical engineer
yeah i cleaned out the checkball and dozer ran for a little bit, but its a temporary patch at best.

I had the injector pump rebuilt, as shown above, and it was the best money i have spent.

my dozer starts now as soon as motor start turning over, every time.

rebuild the pump, its worth not having the headache. :)