• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 450CT

gpk

if anyone has info on 440ct final drives, parts,used ,new , were to get best deal, would appreciate ,thanks grant

pruet

had trouble with brakes not releasing turned out being the ignition switch one half burned out still started

LetsTalkDirt

Occupation
Owner/Operator grading company
If your buying case buy a wheel loader. I have seen nothing but problems out of the case track machines, problemed drive motors, idlers, electronics, and very poor dealer support kept me from sighning on the dotted line.

WV earth mover

Case dealer told me yesterday both parking break and drive motor problem were fixed in 08 and newer

egsteen

egsteen

Have horible problems with both on my 08 definatly not fixed. I think that is why they came out with the new series of skid steers.

Michael 84

Case Parking Brake STUCK again!

I have had this same issue regarding my parking brake sticking and I have had it in to be fixed twice now! I am loosing my patients! My next step is to find a console for a Case 90xt 2004. Can anyone help

mcinc122899

I am in desprate need for a final drive for my series 3 450ct is there still one available? Thanks.

Good luck!!!! i tried everyone. Had it at our local hydraulic shop for 2 months and they were stumped!!!! and gave up. I finally caved in a bought one from a case dealer in another state for $5600. it took me forever to track one down though!!!

Now i need torque coils- which are made by sauer danfoss and of course case charges like $200-$300 when i can get them from sauer danfoss for $14!! but the problem is i have to wait 4 weeks because sauer danfoss has them in italy.

sleeper71

I have a 450CT with a final out. Am very interested in one of yours if it is applicatable.
Thanks
Sleeper71

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Wow note to self stay away from case.

I ordered a new CASE tracked machine. CASE made changes to the CTL drives to address these issues . While I agree these problems shouldn't exist in the first place, they do, and no one is immune (CAT Perkins engines, MTL track/undercarriage wear isssues, CTL detracking, E/H issues/Bobcat's E/H, drive motor failures, the entire 864 machine, JD's 200 series I, II and on and on). I have bought numerous new CASE machines. I had XT machines when they first came out and the 400 series when they first came out among them. Having run the product for almost 20 years now, based on past experience, I know that if there is an issue it will be taken care of.

EARLEXCAV

Final Drive out in our 450 CT, second to go in a year, Case wants > 7,000 for same. Do u have any left, and could u call if we left number for u to reach us?

GMC Driver

A heads up for those of you in need of drive motors - I had one of the planetarys go and damage the other planetarys, the sun gear, and ring gear. I priced all the parts and was over $2700 in parts. These guys got me a reman (they do them in house) and with a core exchange I was $3200. They are excellent to deal with - give them a call if you need a new drive motor or any other undercarraige parts, or pumps:

www.loaderpartssource.com

They are in Elkhart, Indiana.

equip guy

Occupation
Ag and Construction Equip mechanic
Around how many hours are logged in when you have had these final failures? Did you do the break in change? How often have you changed the gear oil? Do you operate more in low or high range? Do you check track adjustment on regular basis? Just curious to what others do. What seems to be the biggest failure in the entire drive. I have a 420ct with approx 400 hrs. Thanks for the replies. Tom

GMC Driver

See what happens when you respond to the thread here!!

I just ran into a new problem today - one of the Saturday kids was washing the machine out, and went to move it when he was done. Made it about 30 feet and "it died".

Thinking it was a water issue, I've dried out all the safety connections, fuse box, relays, etc. Display lights up when you sit on the seat as always, but turn the key to engage the starter, and nothing happens. It reads "ACC" on the display, as if the key were turned back to the ACC position. Pulled the ignition out - it all checks out fine. The starter relay does click when the key is turned - but can't get it to fire up. Not sure where to go with this one - I hate chasing electrical issues....

TheDirtGirl

Rexroth Travel motor

That drive motor is rebuildable and you can get parts. It took me 10 days of searching but I found all the bearings and seal for less than $700. Getting parts from Rexroth is rediculous for price and almost never in stock. Case did not negotiate w/Rexroth for OEM parts and therefore tells you it is not rebuildable so they can hit you for $5k on a new track drive motor. John Deere has the same thing going on with the same Rexroth motor. I have a complete set of engineered motor plans and parts list. E-mail me [email protected] if you want info.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums TheDirtGirl!:drinkup

infoguy

i have had case skidsteers for years and have switched from bobcat simply for performance which of course means getting done faster. i have just bought a 08 450ct-3 with 600hrs will i be sorry