• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 550G Info/Manuals

Evening Digger

I just purchased a Case 550G dozer but unfortunately it didn't come with a lick of information. Also I'm not finding much online about these machines. If anyone has operator's or service manuals they could share it would be greatly appreciated.

I've read through some older posts about the transmissions and pros and cons of steering them in different ways. Were these G models known to have problems when using the steering pedals?

Thanks for any info or entertaining stories you may have.

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
The 550G is a good small machine for light dirt work and clearing. The transmission is a powershift with a mechanical hi-lo range gear box. The engine is the Case version of the 4 cyl. CDC engine at about 50hp (I think). You can find manuals on ebay or amazon some are a bit pricey for printed materials but you can also find digital versions also.