• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case 580 b

maverick-1

Case 580 b with movement problems can any one help me out it power shuttle when i first start it it will move low pressure after it warms up it loses pressure and wont move

pac11adp

Occupation
HD Mechanic
This is the exact question that I signed up here to ask. ..... I'm watching with interest.

Mike

sheepfoot

Well if your not a wrench man, you will be soon. I would first check the oil level in the shuttle, this is the dipstick on the engine side of the gear shift lever, the other is to the rear and it's for the trans/rear end. The shuttle level is when you start and run the machine till it warms up, then shut the machine off and check the fluid level (immediately) with the dipstick, add fluid as needed. Check the breather on the converter valve. If the fluid looks like milk, it will need a filter and change. Their are lots of posts on here for the 580ck and the 580B with some very good picks. Packratc did a long one, and several others telling and showing where to drill to work on the pickup tube screen and so on. I would try and find a service/parts/operators manual as soon as possible for your machine, you will need them also along your adventure. As oil gets warmer, it gets thinner, leakage is greater and pressure drops, their is also a adjustment for the dump valve on the clutch pedal, spring must pull this pedal up and not cause it to hold pressure against cam. Lots to read about, and you will have to be our eyes and ears since your with/at the machine. Hope this gives you a start, a lot of good help can be found here with the members on this site.

pac11adp

Occupation
HD Mechanic
In my case this is a new to me machine and have not even picked it up yet. I got it going and I can't make it do it's no move problem (in the 10 min I've ran it) but that is the complaint from the previous owner.