• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580B Brakes - Complete Kit or More Parts Needed?

Mike Hupka

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for any advice.

1974 Case 580B CK that doesn't stop on a dime, or $50 in dimes for that matter. A family friend who works on heavy equipment for a living tested it out and told me it def needs brake work. We spent some time on the adjusters just to make sure that wasn't the issue but it looks like parts are required. I reached out to Broken Tractor to see if they recommended anything other than what this picture comes with. They sent me a link that just takes me to the page that lists all the brake parts but didn't say what else I might want to pick up while I have it apart. Anyone have any thoughts if I should get anything else while the brake job is being done?

BrakesScreenshot.png

I'm not trying to cheap out since I'd like to knock this out and hopefully not have to think about it again for a long while. Thanks!