• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580B Dipsticks

Case-B Jones

CASE 580B dipsticks!!
There is another post about these but no-one seems to be watching so apologies if it sees similar!!
Have just flushed the sludge out of the tranny and the shuttle and now want to refill, know what to use just not sure about quantities.
lots of people saying 4 gallons in each. Manual says 16.1 litres for tranny and 15.1 litres for shuttle.
upload_2021-11-4_10-19-17.png
Guess the shuttle would still have oil in the clutch and pump and cooler etc. so would it only be 12/13 litres to fill.
Would be so much easier if it just had a max and min on dipstick.
Do you screw in sticks to get level or just leave loose on the top??
Here are my dipsticks for tranny and shuttle.
dipsticks.jpg
Can anyone comment on the marks I have put and maybe when all is done I will put a little tutorial video for filling and checking! seems a lot of confusion

Thanks in advance
Pete.