• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580CK

MSteele7

I have a Case 580CK that struggles to move in forward & reverse. On the slightest incline I have to step on the left brake pedal to disengage the drive, let it build up pressure, then release the brake pedal to move 2 feet, then start over. Once I'm on a level surface it will move with obviously no power. I believe the torque converter may be being starved for fluid. The fluid level in the shutttle drive was low, I filled it, and it seemed to help, but not much. I checked the level this morning, and I apparently overfilled it.
At idle the fluid pressure is 145 lbs
In Reverse the pressure drops to 100 lbs.
In Forwad the pressure drops to 10 lbs.
If I step on the accelerator the pressure increses accordingly in Forward and Reverse.
The relevant history of it is: I swaped out the Twin Disc Shuttle (broken forward spring) with a Rockford shuttle that I rebuilt, and rebuilt the engine.
Can anybody please help me figure out what might be wrong?

MSteele7

Thanks Coy. I've been thinking the same thing myself. I don't understand why I also lose reverse though. I'm dreading taking it all apart again, especially without being sure of exactly what the problem is.