• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580G -86 hydraulic parts in Europe

SweKris

Hey there! I got myself a Case 580G to pick up where my Volvo 400 with a chinese backhoe is struggling, and I got some leaky cylinders and spools to fix. I thought I did my homework checking parts availability and prices for the 580 series but now that I had to go into detail I'm stumped.

Steering cylinder seal kit is out of production in Europe, and they want USD 2000 for a new replacement cylinder. For a tiny cylinder that would go for 40 bucks off-brand! The seal kit for the replacement cylinder alone is over 100 dollars!

Seal kit for boom spool, just the retainer collar alone is 100 dollars. Looking at some other parts, it seems my 580g would be worth well over a million dollars in parts!

Also looking internationally it's not easy to find 580G parts, mostly for other letter machines - is there a clear compatibility table anywhere? Mine is french made and I can't find the serial number on any lookups.

Anyway, I guess I just wanted your guys's advice on where to get parts in Europe at reasonable prices. I don't mind paying but these prices are horrendous. Thanks for any help!

SweKris

Thanks mr Tinkerer, much appreciated! I found a lot of shops in France and Netherlands so now I'm eagerly waiting delivery of seal kits and a new steering cylinder. Fingers crossed I manage to get it sealed up and ready to take on my property.

Tinkerer

Welcome to HEF, Pedro !
I don't.
Do you have the forklift version or the loader/ backhoe version ?
The manual is available all over the US on the internet.
Ebay has it in .pdf format ----> https://www.ebay.com/itm/223611796760?hash=item34104d3d18:g:6jQAAOSw9NdXrQWs&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAsL5u2fSo2XzGDyi274INs0qhMFyYNSdCp3xbwXY8/J++Nrigb2fupyrzKXXshNP7afxrCppxgCzJ8Kx6QOWk3HtEpehY4o0H8fAv5rotoUVcNFq8JhmqupFqnotguVpB23/o0kskCra4sVkh/9w6jmdh0SWOqu+jQavL7Koq61PyzApc0eQtPsct2PU6ZY9rjktqJCGYGMGOHL7KYfpJrURXhO3ai52KLMws3nH/4qZ1|tkp:Bk9SR8ibvduPYQ&shqty=1&isGTR=1#shId

Add 17.00 us dollars for shipping to Portugal
His question is ----> "hello. bought a 580g and i need the operator manual. can someone help me? "

Tinkerer

This is Pedro's question, and my answers.
Pedro > Hello. bought a 580g and i need the operator manual. can someone help me?

Tinkerer > Do you have the forklift version or the loader/backhoe version? The tractor serial number would help. If we can find one, it'll be in English. Would it be a problem?

Pedro- It's the backhoe. in English is not a problem, it is better than nothing.