• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580SE couple of questions

syndy

Occupation
Retired
In a couple of weeks I'll be up in NC to finish building the barn for my backhoe. First job is to remove and replace the seal in the right brake. Gear oil had leaked all over the disk and I am down maybe 8 of the 20 quarts of oil in the transaxle. I plan to raise the right side using the pad along with another 8-10" spacer so I can work under it and also hope to keep the oil to the other side. My first question is, will the oil come gushing out when I remove the seal or will it mostly be over on the left side?

When the barn is finished I will park the hoe inside and my question is, should I leave the boom in the transport position or would it be better to leave it part way down resting on blocks? Last year I had the boom extended all the way down and out (all cyl's retracted) and the entire machine covered in plastic. The barn will not allow the boom to be extended all the way.