• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case 585e and 586e with 7500 hours

cowhater

I know the 585 is rated at 5000 lb lift and 586 is 6000 for the first 12' but after that, they are rated exactly the same.. 4000 to 15' then 2500 to 21'. Operating weight of the 586 is only 360 lbs more. Do they both use the same pump and same size lift cylinders? With extra rear weight, could the 585 lift same as 586? Also, what concerns should I have with a 585E that has 7500 hours on it? Price is $6300 and is 4wd with new paint, good seat and muffler and tires, no leaks. thanks

sheepfoot

There is two different frames on the E forklifts, and about 12+ different masts that are offered, all have a inner weight at 458 lbs and outer at 650 lbs with two extra weights as needed 146 and 218 lbs. All have a 23 gpm pump that is set at 2150 psi. The masts have several different cylinders that give it lift and the size changes as it extends. The load like said is rated at 24" out from the face of the forks or less, once past this it throws the center of gravity off. The center of the axle is the fulcrum, to the rear you have counterweight and machine weight and to the front forklift weight and load weight. Ground conditions, height, weight, changes in motion all are key factors in forklifts. The 586E is like the 580E and early k drive train, the 4wd axle is the big concern in the area of the steering upper/lower kingpins on the 4x4 along with u-joints seals. The other is heavy wear on the mast frames/chains/rollers. They are a good machine in the straight mast lifting. I would pull the trigger and by if it checks out good.