• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 680e Picture?

davidd

Occupation
www.paulowniatrees.com
Greetings All,
Hopefully I will get the pict to load. Here is a 680e that I am looking at. A rather large beast. A question , the boom says 680e. But the tractor looks rather old. Could the boom be from another machine and the tractor is someting else. I could not locate any decals or data plates on the tractor.
It does have forward, reverse shuttle. Air brakes. And is extremely heavy.

Any help or comments would be most welcome.

Thanks,
Davidd

Attachments

• Easter 09 and backhoe 136.jpg
    Easter 09 and backhoe 136.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 2,466

indian347

Greetings All,
Hopefully I will get the pict to load. Here is a 680e that I am looking at. A rather large beast. A question , the boom says 680e. But the tractor looks rather old. Could the boom be from another machine and the tractor is someting else. I could not locate any decals or data plates on the tractor.
It does have forward, reverse shuttle. Air brakes. And is extremely heavy.

Any help or comments would be most welcome.

Thanks,
Davidd

4 cyl Cummings. No posse so it will b louse in the dirt. The front tires are up graded to help in the sand.its a powerhouse on good ground. I ran one 4 years. Jim

davidd

Occupation
www.paulowniatrees.com
Case 689e Pictures?

Here is the boom king pins. What has to be done to repair. The hole is slightly elongated.

Attachments

• Easter 09 and backhoe 134.jpg
    Easter 09 and backhoe 134.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,363
  • Easter 09 and backhoe 135.jpg
    Easter 09 and backhoe 135.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,167

indian347

A whole lot of welding !!! Better check the rest of the fittings because there are a lot more. T swing cylinders have have 4 ea if i remember right and the fun to get to.Also there's a couple hid in the boom. if there not greasing the easiest ones the not hitting the hard ones.It is a foot swing right. I hate to see a machine abused.But its close to 30 years old to . Jim

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
But the tractor looks rather old. Could the boom be from another machine and the tractor is someting else.

No, that's an E. They were pretty square looking.

4 cyl Cummings.

No, the later ones had the Cummins. I think the K series were the first ones with a Cummins. The E had a Case 336. I never heard of any problems with the crankshaft.

davidd

Occupation
www.paulowniatrees.com
The picture does look better than the machine in person.
However there is no grease on any of the pins. Boom or bucket.
I am beginning to think of leaving this machine where it is.
Asking price $5500. It does crank very easy,moves around, but not tried out digging or pushing. I mean how can you try it out with the boom ready to detach.
Repairs may run the price up beyond---
And you do see the auction chaulk on the loader arm. (it is an aucton tractor)
Thanks for the info so far.
David d.

Meca-nick

Occupation
Operator, shovel, dozer,loader and backhoe
its an e machine, dads of my wife look the same and im getting the transmission out for the second time, strong machine and if you lube it well, never gonna have big trouble with it!, got all the manual, mecanic and parts so if you ever need help ...your man!

Meca-nick

Occupation
Operator, shovel, dozer,loader and backhoe
for the pin i know i found up a place that make them and save a lot of $$$, easy to install and make the same job but not original, i know its made in the us need to check.

sheepfoot

The 680e,g,h all had 336bd engine, you are correct the k had the cdc 6-590 in it. and yes the older units did break crankshafts now and then. Big and powerfull.