• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 850 K No Can

Jbailey

I was told my display was the problem but I have a 650k to test with and that wasn't it. The only thing I cant test is ecu series 3 vs series 2 and a new one is 8000$ and 6-8 weeks out. no guarantee.\

Jbailey

did you verify all powers and grounds to the module? Sounds like you checked the can lines and have the proper voltage.
I actually had a tech come verify he said all voltage and grounds were good but I need more documentation to verify my self. We repaired and swapped relays and test joystick and display between 2 machines.

mekanik

If a "Tech" tried to connect to the machine and couldn't that would be a red flag for me. I have worked with a few "Techs" that when the laptop couldn't tell them how to fix the problem they were lost.

CAN stands for Controller Area Network. Can is a network like a phone party line that all the modules talk to each other on. It is a part of the wiring harness. The data wires will either be a twisted pair or a parallel pair of wires with a shielding wire wrapped around them or a foil shielding around them. The twisted pair is by far the most common.

I would guess that there is a 99+% chance that either a data wire has broken or rubbed through and is grounding or a terminating resistor has lost connection and a less than 1% chance a module has failed and is taking down communication on the data link. If all the devices on the data link lost power that might cause a No CAN message as well. That would depend on Case's software.

On Post #9 I posted how to test the data link. If you are familiar with a multimeter it only take a couple minutes. Post your results.

Here is a link to a basic explanation of CAN:
https://www.csselectronics.com/pages/can-bus-simple-intro-tutorial