• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 850 K verses Deere 650J

LME

Pros and cons, wondering what your thoughts are about which I'd the better Dozer.

guisep3

Well, of course this is just my opinion, but i wouldn't hesitate to buy the deere.
Ive had a case/ new Holland 850k/dc85 for years now. Nice machines, but they have very temperamental electrical systems! They seem to have constant fuse and relay issues. I've seen and personally posted issues about electrical issues.

Now my experience with the deere dozers are that they are more expensive and for good reason. They are built very well. I've run cats, deeres, cases, new holland, and komatsu dozers, and you can immediately tell why the costs are so different. Cat is built like a tank. Id say deere is next as far as heavy duty. Komatsu next, followed by case/ new Holland. Much more plastics and lighter duty steel in frames, doors, handles, i can only assume the same goes for the rest of the components used to build the dozers.
If you can afford the extra cash.... my 2 cents is DEERE.

CaseFan13

For the price of the 650J you could get a Case 850L which have upgraded all of the problems the K series had. If you’re looking for fuel economy, the Deere will be better because it’s a 4 cylinder vs a 6 cylinder in the Case. The Case motor is very torquey and a very productive machine.