• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 850C Dozer

Casetractorman

Occupation
Manager .. Monroe Tractor and Implement Co. Inc.
Bought an 850C (1985) Dozer at auction .. Anyone care to share their experience (good and bad) with me .. about 7500 hours, 6 way blade, Rops, limb risers, 95% undercarriage .. runs like a dream .. am re-bushing and pinning the blade now ..

fireman050

Occupation
construction & volunteer firefighter
Bought an 850C (1985) Dozer at auction .. Anyone care to share their experience (good and bad) with me .. about 7500 hours, 6 way blade, Rops, limb risers, 95% undercarriage .. runs like a dream .. am re-bushing and pinning the blade now ..

my dad had one back in 95 it ran great no problems in 98 we upgraded to a 850g do you have any pics of your dozer

Last edited:

DigDug

casetractorman- I would completely change all the fluids and filters & start off fresh. This way you can keep an eye on them for the first 50-100 hrs and see if anything gets contaminated or leaks. Then go ahead and fix your misc problems with machine if there are any. Thats just what i would do. Good luck