• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case CK 580B Shuttle Trans Dipstick question

BornforIT

Hi, I just bought a 580B and am going through the usual fluid/filter flush and change. I found the loader hydraulic fill hole open (unplugged) and the Shuttle Dipstick tube (hole in floor in front of shifter) had only a cap on it not a dipstick. I did find a dipstick in the toolbox inside the cab but am not sure which one it is. My parts manual shows 2 different dipsticks, one for shuttle and other for transaxle. Can anyone please confirm the length of the shuttle dipstick (in front of the shifter)? I have added a picture of the dipstick that I found and want to know if someone can confirm which this is? Is this the correct length one for the front Shuttle hole in floor (engine side of shifter). I am sure I will have more questions but thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Attachments

• 38AE2109-A723-4079-8ED2-5B3B130DBA5D.jpeg
    38AE2109-A723-4079-8ED2-5B3B130DBA5D.jpeg
    691 KB · Views: 23

Putnamhillww1

Hi, I just bought a 580B and am going through the usual fluid/filter flush and change. I found the loader hydraulic fill hole open (unplugged) and the Shuttle Dipstick tube (hole in floor in front of shifter) had only a cap on it not a dipstick. I did find a dipstick in the toolbox inside the cab but am not sure which one it is. My parts manual shows 2 different dipsticks, one for shuttle and other for transaxle. Can anyone please confirm the length of the shuttle dipstick (in front of the shifter)? I have added a picture of the dipstick that I found and want to know if someone can confirm which this is? Is this the correct length one for the front Shuttle hole in floor (engine side of shifter). I am sure I will have more questions but thanks for any assistance you can provide.
My 580B has a distinct with 2 notches on it for the shuttle, the one in the rear end has only 1 notch. I could measure it if needed.

BornforIT

This dipstick does have 2 notches on it. The dipstick near the seat is a bit longer than this one. I can’t get this dipstick to go in properly. I took pictures of the hole it should go in. I don’t think this looks right but could use someone else’s perspective. I have attached pictures that show what I am talking about...

Attachments

• 87DED67E-7291-4FC4-8CE0-30D8D5023468.jpeg
    87DED67E-7291-4FC4-8CE0-30D8D5023468.jpeg
    438.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 61EEEE2A-881E-4DD8-86E0-B26260012CFE.jpeg
    61EEEE2A-881E-4DD8-86E0-B26260012CFE.jpeg
    992.1 KB · Views: 16

XessReality

Occupation
Electrician
This is my 580b dipstick for the transmission. The one closer to the seat to the rear of the gear shiftdipstick.jpg

XessReality

Occupation
Electrician
Pretty sure (by process of elimination) that's the shuttle dipstick.. I will pull mine tonight if your still not sure...