• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aaron.ampcon

Hey need some help with a case cx350b excavator, monitor powers up but shows no information, has active code for CAN communications fault, throttle doesn't work, no hydraulic functions work, does not shut off from the key. Checked all the normal stuff fuses, monitor connector, switched monitor with new. Any idea how to go about repairing this? Have this same issue on a cx210b so don't know if its some kind of case common issue

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Known to damage ECU,s Arc welding - Lightning strikes - Striking a electric line - Jump starting. Com fault check out the twisted pairof cables.
Kind regards
Uffex

Aaron.ampcon

The engine ecm is active and i can read it, as i remember when the machine was functional i think this was the only ecm I could have read anyways. What spreading should I get from twisted pair?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
The Can bus will be made of two cables twisted together at set intervals, you require a wiring schematic for your machine to establish the terminations points (Cable ends). Measure for shorts - continuity - resistance with a Multimeter. I do not have a schematic, if you would like to post a copy I will try to help out.
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
I have taken a quick look at the schematic. I suggest beginning with checking the Display - ECU "A" connections for the sub harness first. I would look for continuity and short circuit to both connections of the can bus (Twisted pair). If there has been any harness disturbance could also give a clue. I will point out if your issue is of an urgent nature your best put the questions to the Case dealer support, they will be able to support you much quicker than our small team who deal with many questions on a daily basis.
Many of the faults that relate to the problem refer to a Case support document which is not so helpful.
Kind regards
Uffex

Aaron.ampcon

My local case dealer is of no use, the support is a waste. How do you suggest I get into contact with case support?