• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case D350 track loader

Johnb92

New member here. Just recently purchased a case 350 track loader with backhoe. Is in decent condition but has sat a while so needs the basics to start with. Right now a few hoses and cylinders are in need of repair. Also have an issue with ignition, and some type of fuel issue. Like I said I’m starting with the basics so my first move is to purchase service manuals. I found service manuals and parts catalog on Amazon I will post a picture. Can someone tell me if these books are correct and/or if there is a better place to purchase them. Another question is if there is a particular site best for ordering parts. I have a case dealer close to home so that is an option as well. I will add I am fairly new to heavy equipment. I have been on a farm my whole life and have some mechanical skills but any advice or knowledge is appreciated. Serial number is 4199490. Thanks.

Johnb92

These are the books I’ve found. Anyone know if these are correct or if I could find them for a better price anywhere else?
538AAF35-E1E4-4630-AB08-A2275312A7E7.png

Cat977

Occupation
Machinist/Millwright
The manual pictures, diagrams, ect. may not be very good, these look like reprints, you might try Ebay to get originals. Yesterdays tractor used to sell ones for many machines, clarity on diagrams, cutaways isn't good. The price on these seems good and maybe that's good enough. I'm not sure if they are the right ones.

JimInOz

Case manuals were very well written. I've seen the manuals & aftermarket parts on eBay.
steeringclutch.com has some new aftermarket parts.
Here's a few pics I got from various sources.Last one is my own from 1994.
Case 350 Drott & Backhoe.jpg Case 350 swamp Loader.jpg Case 350   1.jpg

Attachments

• 246587-f7768db5590b5831cc907ee3b39a5e9c.jpg
    246587-f7768db5590b5831cc907ee3b39a5e9c.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 13

Welder Dave

Cat made a wide pad 931 but not like that Case. That machine looks like it would float! The 1st. pic. looks like a primo machine. It must be very tail heavy with the hoe on.

JimInOz

Dave,
I saw a similar JD350 dozer here in Australia,with very wide plates.
Mitsubishi & Komatsu had Super Swamp plates on their small dozers.It seems as though they would walk on water.

Back in the day,the national Telecom company had some 350s with backhoes . I always steered clear of them...they are too small to be carrying such a large lump on the tail.
Government forest agencies had JD & Case 350 dozers,for track maintenance.

Welder Dave

JD made a really wide pad 350 dozer too that was quite popular. The Case 350 is even lighter than the JD 350. Japanese machines had the triangle type swamp pads but you didn't see them on machines in N. America. It's a little odd but I don't think Cat used them on the wide pad D3 and they were made in Japan.

JimInOz

I have seen one D3 with Apex plates.They are great in softer areas,but useless elsewhere.
A lot of small machines in Japan had them fitted.