• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case dozer rough riding on new undercarriage??

Welder Dave

So get new rollers on the bottom? And on my other dozer the rollers was worn out but it still never shook like this can it be the idler shims not in it cause it has a gap under
Don't think it has anything to do with the idlers. The rollers have a lot of wear. Not uncommon for a seller to state the undercarriage is in better shape than it actually is. See if you can get some numbers off the rails and/or rollers to see if they are correct for each other. I think you need new rollers. As a stop gap fix you could torch some of the flange dia. off. That should tell you right away it is the problem.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The rollers are new too
No they ain't - the roller treads are so worn out (red arrow) that the bosses on the ends of the track links (blue arrow) are running hard up against the roller flanges (yellow arrow). That on it's own will cause vibration. Like Nicky I have no experience with Case but the photos you posted look wrong (as regards wear) on so many levels.

upload_2022-10-8_11-56-59.png

tdrainage

I agree that it looks like the rollers are riding on the pin bosses. We have a Case 850K that we put new (not from Case) rails on and had that problem. The sprockets are made that the way you see them as an extended life thing. But we found that our rails did not mate with case sprockets. We put traditional sprockets on and solved our issue with rough ride

Welder Dave

Check the oval sprocket opening on the new link. Seems to have a big gap on the rear.

View attachment 269769
There you can clearly see the gouge/divot in the pin boss I mentioned earlier. I wonder if the rails could be for a different machine or the sprockets are for the Case rails with rotating bushings. If the latter might account for the gaps on the sprocket teeth.

R.D.G013

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator/foreman for about 48yrs o
We have a D 6T LGP at work that's shakes the fillings out of your teeth specially on hard ground, nothing wrong with its tracks at all, just big wide grousers don't like hard ground. Those grousers on that machine seem rather high which wouldn't help with a smooth ride, almost looks like the chains/ grousers are off a bigger machine and the rollers are definitely not new by a long shot.