• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case Drain Location on Bobcat T320

blainex60

Wanted to do some preventative maintaince since i bought this machine used and not sure if the filter in the case drain has been changed. I'm pretty sure i've located it but don't want to take apart the wrong fittings. On another note i'll be changing the oil in the drive motors and was wondering if the track has to come off. Any info would be great THANKS

Bobcatdan

Aluminum canister in more or less center of machine with five hoses going to it. Plug to drain the end oil is facing out, very easy to get at.

blainex60

About changing the oil in the track drive motors, in the manual it says just to park with the allen screw facing down and just drain it out. I asked the mechanic at my dealership and he said the track has to come off to drain it completly anyone did this before?? which is the right way to do it? I'm all for not taking the track off haha... Thanks

Hardline

Occupation
Small business owner
I have a customer with a couple t190s an the tracks and sprockets have to come off. I was told the larger didn't need to come off.

ctheddy

I'm guessing the mechanic would remove the track to get to a outgoing fitting and drain it there ??? I would drain it per manual instructions unless you have experienced a hydraulic failure of some sort and or aiming to remove contaminated oil.

Bobcatdan

T190 the track has to come off as the drain plug is behind the sprocket. Large frames are different and track does not need to come off.

T200

Is the oil in the drive motor seperate from the rest of the hydraulic system? I just removed the lines on mine and want to make sure filling the resevoir for the main hydraulics will top of the drive motors again.

Bobcatdan

The motor itself uses the main hydraulic fluid. The end oil is only for the bearings in the drive hub.