• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case is proud of their parts!!

bill onthehill

I finally broke down and bought a new muffler for my 580K. Had to drive 100 miles one way to get it. When they hit me with the price I was dumbfounded. $243 for a muffler and clamp with 8% tax. You would think it was a catalytic converter for that kind of money.

amunderdog

Thanks for the warning.
I priced a new instrument panel awhile back and about fell out of my chair.
Heck the clear plastic cover piece was like 85.00
Seems like they know the parts you most likely cannot get elswhere and stick it to us.

MrKomatsu

Looking for service info for a 580M backhoe.....engine info...it has a case new holland engine....it looks like a B series cummins....

JDOFMEMI

Those prices you quoted don't sound bad.

Try Volvo out if you want high parts prices.
Last muffler for an A-35 was over $1500

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Those prices you quoted don't sound bad.

Try Volvo out if you want high parts prices.
Last muffler for an A-35 was over $1500

I agree JDOFMEMI; take a look at others prices and you'll find Case ain't that bad. Cab headliner for Komatsu D41E-6 = $2,500.00. 2" round Hobbs hour meter for D65EX-12 = $219.00. You can buy the exact same Hobbs meter from Napa for less than 50 bucks.

Tinkerer

Last month I paid $85.00 for a front wheel bearing seal at my local Case IH dealer. When I examined the seal there was no part number or manufacturer ID of any kind on it.They also quoted me a price of $182.50 for an air pressure gauge. I purchased an Auto Meter air pressure gauge from Summit Racing for $45.95.

Duke

Case might be as bad as CAT. I wanted to buy the set of road mirrors for the outside of the cab. How about $585 each for a mirror that looks to be worth about $75 bucks.

Don't break your cab door hydraulic cylinders. I heard they're real bad, too.

I broke my idler pulley & fan belt. They were $185.

I have a New Holland now and parts are much cheaper.

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
You think parts for Cat, Volvo or Case are bad. You should try Gomaco Curb machines. A pressure washer hose from them is $300 plus dollars, same hose local is about $50. The power washer head assy is about $1500 or you can buy a Pace pump local for about $450. They run a Cummins or a JD engine. The filter from Gomaco are at least 3x as much as the JD or Case prices. The shut down switches are $200, locally shut down switches run about $10 for the box and $15 for the switch. Not to mention they are an absolute nightmare to work on.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Rang my local Case /IH dealer for a hydraulic pump for my mule, E1800 and if I would wait they would save me 40euro, Rang around and got it from a Case dealer for E923 had to drive for an hour to get it and while I was there picked up a lot of other stuff at half the price my local Case thief.

Stock