• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CASE Power Yellow paint recipe

ABnC

I know its been done to death but has anybody got a mix in for Case Power Yellow in the Rustoleum brand?
I was thinking 1 gallon of Cat Yellow with a quart of Komatsu Orange and a 1/4 pint of Red and maybe a few ounces of silver just for good measure... but im color blind so it all kinda looks the same to me.

Any paint techs advice or expertise would be greatly appreciated.
(I know the paint pros can break down a paint color into its component colors but not at my Home Depot.)

Closest match gets bragging rights.

Thanks to all

Grady

Last edited:

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
The closest I found in Rustolium, spray can is> Tuscan{SUN} Yellow.. its STILL to bright if held side x side.. but its>
A HELLUVA LOT NICER than that rusted piece of crap they sent me..{pump} LOL.!!!
Like Grady said, U CAN buy it..

Grady

the CK came from the factory with some orange paint also. I think but not sure - running gear - engine, trans, and rear end, front and rear wheels, front suspension, maybe more.

There is a Case orange by "Majic" also - not sure about the match but looks close. Agri supply is another supplier.

ABnC

the CK came from the factory with some orange paint also. I think but not sure - running gear - engine, trans, and rear end, front and rear wheels, front suspension, maybe more.

There is a Case orange by "Majic" also - not sure about the match but looks close. Agri supply is another supplier.

Yea, I think the later run 1975 was the first year the 580B-CK came in power yellow with the brown rops but not sure.
I'll stick with the yellow with brown.

ill post a few pics as soon as i figure out how.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
I kept thinking rustoleum made case paints.... but all I see now is ford,ac,int, cat and jd..

https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/specialty/farm-equipment-spray

check with some of the local auto paint shops... some of them around here used to have a handheld color meter you could get a base number out of, for regular paints it worked great :) and if there is a decent knowledgeable person there they would know how to tweak the numbers to cancel out age and fade issues... I have seen some guys that were magical artists when it came to paint matching.

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
I have found on my sun faded Case 580SE the Ace Hardware Catipillar yellow gloss to be a damn near perfect match.