• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case TR series No Throttle Down

Canuck Digger

Occupation
Business Owner, Equipment Operator, Fishing Guide
Wondering if anyone has has the same issue on a Case TR series. The machine will only throttle up, but moving the throttle lever down to idle position does not deacrease rpm.s/throttle. Consequently now the machine can only be started at pretty close to full throttle which isn't ideal. Thoughts?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
There is no TR series. There are TR machines which means tracked, radial lift. These could be A series or B series. The throttle cable is mechanical on the Alpha. If you have a B series that is all electronic. I am guessing you have a bad throttle cable on an Alpha.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have replaced one of those cables before. I didn't do it personally, the dealer did it. You might check how the linkage works. You might be able to unhook the mechanical cable and use the foot throttle. I cant speak for certain if it would work that way, but it might be easy enough to try and at least not have to start it at 2400 rpms. Or pull the mechanical linkage off and try and lube it or work it back and forth on a bench to see if you can break it free.

Canuck Digger

Occupation
Business Owner, Equipment Operator, Fishing Guide
Just thought I post the "fix" for anyone that may have a similar issue down the road. Wasn't much of a fix..... Turns out the foot pedal throttle was jammed with some dirt and it is what was not returning to idle. Since the two throttles work together it was causing the hand throttle to not back off. :) As easy as it gets!. Nice to catch a break once in a while.