• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case wheel loader 4 th gear problem

Bignewf

Hey Everyone, I have a 2011 721f case wheel loader. First second and third gears work fine but as soon as i shift into 4th gear it sends the transmission back into 2nd or third gear abruptly and it doesn’t matter if the loader is stationary or mobile. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. As of this moment I haven’t tried anything to rectify problem.

Mbar

Speed sensor sounds accurate. Get your zf model and call precision transmission in Pennsylvania. Super smart and helpful people. Plus parts are cheap from them instead of dealer.

Bignewf

I'd assume something wrong with the signal from output speed sensor.
Tranny is a ZF 4WG190?
Yeah that is the Tranny! I’ve ordered an output speed sensor and will update everyone when I swap it out! Appreciate your reply Bigbert.

Bignewf

Speed sensor sounds accurate. Get your zf model and call precision transmission in Pennsylvania. Super smart and helpful people. Plus parts are cheap from them instead of dealer.
Awesome I’m checking them out I’ll keep you updated. Appreciate your feedback!