• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat '05 305cr questions, thumb, swing play

hrc200x

just bought a '05 cat 305cr mini excavator 1400 hrs, cab, standard stick, have a couple questions. Is there any place to look up online parts diagrams and prices for this model? I tried setting up the storefront thing on cats web site but needed to have an account set up there. If they have a generic user name/password to log in just to look up parts, part numbers and prices would be great.

What is a good hyd. thumb to get? It has a 2 foot wide bucket on it now. Do some hyd thumbs mount on the same pin thats used for the bucket and some have their own tabs welded to the stick for the thumb to pivot on? Which is better and why? Machine is already plumbed for an accessory attachment.

I'm guessing the answer is none, but how much play should be in the swing/turn table mechanism? With machine off bucket raised a few inches off ground, stick and boom at a 90 degree angle to eachother I can move the bucket side to side maybe a few inches and watch the whole cab/body move with it.

Does the very large pin thats mounted vertically for the boom swing left to right have a bushing in it? What would be the method for fixing a small amount of play in this area?

Anyone have cracks forming where the top of the boom lift cylinder attaches to the boom? On the inside of the pieces of plate that the pin holes are in there is none, but on the outside each side is cracked probably a foot to foot and a half long right along the weld.

Machine appears very clean so am thinking that its original hours, but some things seem worn... such as the main bucket pin has play, the cracks in boom, little play in the boom swing pin, turn table play. I located the dealer it was sold at originaly and in '07 it had 700 or 800 hours on it, that was last documentation on it. So 1400 now seems reasonable.