• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 12g throttle operation

Razorsedge2003

I’m wondering exactly how this throttle setup is supposed to work. Is the pedal supposed to come back up to low idle when your foot backs off? How does the lever next to the transmission shifter work with the throttle? I’m thinking that it’s supposed to lock the throttle setting where you want it? There’s also a couple parts in the linkage underneath the operator’s platform that look and act like shocks. Can those wear out? Springs can inside? I want to put a new cable on maybe and possibly replace the shock things. Does anyone have a parts numbers for these items? The dealer basically told me to look at the website to search for the parts. I couldn’t get it to even acknowledge this old machine. Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_1099.jpeg
    IMG_1099.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1100.jpeg
    IMG_1100.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 12

Queenslander

The things that look like shocks are indeed springs that push the pedal up.
For your machine they are listed as 9D8129 which has been updated to 8W3589.. the same as our later 12G.
Does this look familiar?(No19)

IMG_4416.jpeg

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Not sure about a cat, but in a champion with a stand up cab, you can work the throttle like a dozer. A lot of the older fellas used to grade standing up, and it was easier to run the fuel that way with your heel.