• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 252B upgrades

DRMCO D600

Occupation
Chief Engineer, Teekay Shipping Australia
Hi all,
I was looking at a Cat 252B 2007 model skid steer.2 speed, air cab and hyd hitch.

Can anybody tell me if there are any differences, upgrades etc made to the current models compared to the 2007 model. And also are they a popular sized machine and reliable model.

Thanks for any replys.

GOINGBROKE

Occupation
Diesel shop owner - truck, farm and heavy equipmen
Not much info for you. Have same year with same options. 500+ hrs, used mostly for a forklift around the shop. Other than some wty work done on a sticky bucket valve has had no other problems. Like it better than any other brand I have run.

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
Can anybody tell me if there are any differences, upgrades etc made to the current models compared to the 2007 model. And also are they a popular sized machine and reliable model.

Are you looking at 252s specifically, or just current models vs. 2007 models?

DRMCO D600

Occupation
Chief Engineer, Teekay Shipping Australia
GoingBroke,
Thanks for the information, the 252B seems to have a lot going for it.I would love to have a "Gofor" [go for this/go for that] machine with those specs.

Tigerotor77W,
I was specifically comparing 2007 252B against 2009 models, but would be interested to know how the earlier 252 differed from the 252B for interest sake.
Thanks for your reply's
It is much appreciated.

Fred

G'Day
here are some machine specs that I have been looking at that may come in handy to you, I guess series 2 252B has same updates as the rest of the range. They have grown a bit from the origanal 252:)

Attachments

• machine.doc
    32 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
I was specifically comparing 2007 252B against 2009 models, but would be interested to know how the earlier 252 differed from the 252B for interest sake.

Between the 252B-series and the 252B2, there really isn't too much that's different... the machines are largely unchanged. The 236B2 sees an ROC increase, but for your purposes, there is not too much that you'd gain from the new model.

I'm not sure if there are small changes (different bolt manufacturer... different o-ring manufacturer... or even up to different hydraulic pump manufacturer), but the two machines -- on the outside -- are largely identical.