• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 257B

gabelmatt

Occupation
Mini Excavator Owner/Operator
Hey guys,
I got an 2005 Cat257B tracked skid steer,and I'm just wondering what kind of problems you guys have incountered with them.I've got 1400Hrs on it and havent really had to many problems with it other than idelers on the front.Any other problems would be great to know about.
Thanks

heavylift

throttle cables..... that the mechanics really cuss...
that was on a 247 & 257 not b models.

joysticks.... can't remember what but I think it was the buttons. They were replaced with a new sytle that I didn't really care for..

247 fire.... battery cable short..... no damage .... other than the battery cable.. used 44 oz. diet dr pepper fire extingisher:). then a grade stake between the frame and wire.

computer module on one of them.

couple of drive rollers break...

broken pin somewhere in a pump.... a shear pin I guess .... I asked but I can't remember.