• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 259D in search of replacement door and hardware

KenMO

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and in search of some information or guidance. I just purchased a 2017 Cat 259D for farm use but it missing the front door. It still has the sensor and hinges attached to the machine. This might be a dumb question but would the door assembly off of a 299D fit my 259D, or would it be too big? I know someone who has one for sale but I have my doubts on if it would work. Thanks

KenMO

Hi Nige.. Thank you for your reply!! From what I have previously checked via the Cat website, using my serial number, most of the door assemblies for my machine only show the 279 and 289 as compatible. But I'm not sure if that is because of electronic connectors and/or sensors, or because of the shape and size of the door. I was just curious if anyone has ever tried the fitment. Anyways, my serial number shows as FTL11539. I do not have the serial number off of the 299 door but I could probably get it. Thank you for you input, thoughts and guidance.