• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 262B - No Hydraulics at all.

Tnabors

Used my 262B yesterday with no problems. Got in it today and every starts as normal, seat belt light goes off, P brake releases when button is hit but it has no hydraulics at all. Opened fuse box and all fuses are good. Wiggled seat belt and bounced on the seat and still nothing. Hydraulic reservoir is in operating limit.

Could use some help in somewhere to start on this project

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
Is the cooling fan on the rad running with the engine running. If not you might have a pump coupling failure.

U8u812

I think there are 3 interlocks on the hydraulic system; Operator presence switch under seat, safety bar, and parking brake. Check the switches on each of these and also see if corresponding solenoids are enabled.

AlliedLS

I had this same thing happen on my old skid steer and it ended up being a computer that went bad. If I remember right it cost something like 2000 dollars to fix. Hopefully yours isnt that expensive

hermannea

Did you find the issue? I had the same issue with my 262C while operating it. It was a coupling between the hydraulic motors and the engine had broken. $3K at Holt Cat. Also had the same issue with a Cat 236B...