• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 262c2 Aux Hydraulic Fault Code

RnR LAMF

Hello

So I got a Cat 262c2 skidsteer that has a flashing yellow warning lamp, plugged in and found the following fault codes

2204-3 Aux Lever #1 Position Sensor : Voltage Above Normal
2204-4 Aux Lever #1 Position Sensor : Voltage Below Normal
2004-8 Aux Lever #1 Position Sensor : Abnormal Frequency

cat0262c s/n tmw000361

I checked all the fuses, inspected wiring and connectors, nothing out of the ordinary there. Tested continuity to the right side joystick roller switch and didn't get anything there or any observable signal but the RH trigger button works.. On ET the duty cycle just stays at 100% and when I change the Joystick Input #1 Config from PWM to Switch to Ground the code goes inactive, but I don't think that solves the problem.

I suspect that I may just have a bad switch, but I feel like maybe there's something I'm not checking.
Any help or insight would be appreciated

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
On ET the duty cycle just stays at 100% and when I change the Joystick Input #1 Config from PWM to Switch to Ground the code goes inactive, but I don't think that solves the problem.
The thumbwheel sensor is PWM. If it will not register a varying duty cycle either side of 50% (probably 15-85%) in ET as you roll it away from the centre position in both directions it is most likely toast.
The bad news is the roller/sensor assembly is not available separately. It will cost you a replacement handle, Part Number 273-9103. See attachment.

Attachments

• RH Joystick.pdf
    295.4 KB · Views: 8

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Gotta replace the whole joystick huh? Geez..
Only the handle, but you will still have a sharp intake of breath when they tell you the price. Around $750 IIRC.
If you want to be double sure I can give you the troubleshooting procedures for the 3 Codes you have. If they all point to the thumbwheel roller sensor being Donald Ducked I guess that would confirm it.

RnR LAMF

If you want to be double sure I can give you the troubleshooting procedures for the 3 Codes you have. If they all point to the thumbwheel roller sensor being Donald Ducked I guess that would confirm it.

If you don't mind that would be helpful, best to double check before having to fork that over!

AGAIN, thank you very much for your help Nige!