• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 277c Front 15” Idler Wheel Lock Nut Torque

Quki22

Noticed the inside front idler wheel hub on my Cat 277c MTL (JWF01714) was wet. The metal face seal was leaking. Was able to get the hub rebuilt with the new face seal and inner seal. When removing the lock nut off the axle to remove the hub, it was rather tight on there. Does any one know what the torque of this lock nut should be?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Torque specification is 332 ± 37 lb ft.
NOTE 1: Do Not Reuse the locknuts.
NOTE 2: After all locknuts are torqued rotate each of the idler wheel assemblies and bogie wheel assemblies. Each wheel should be rotated six revolutions in both directions.

Quki22

Thanks again Nige. I knew it was on there right, would have never thought that tight though. Glad I asked. Thank you for the information.