• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 287 hydraulic pump

Tferrari1569

On the cat 287b I know the drive pump is the biggest one bolted to engine. Now there is one in the middle and a small one on end. What are those both called?

Tyler d4c

The gear pumps one on section is for the loader and auxiliaries and one for the cooling fan 8f its low flow a hiflow machine is different

Tyler d4c

Small aluminum is the fan pump next towards the engine is the loader /auxiliary pump then the next two sections are the drive pumps

TVA

Where is the charge pump location
Don’t know this particular machine, but charge pump either at the end of the tandem pilot pumps, or sometimes if machine is pilot controlled then one of the gear pumps is pilot a and charge pump.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Here you go. Your machine equipped with High Flow has an additional pump for the Work Tool in the centre.
The Charge Pump Part Number is a 220-8127. A new pump retails at $1,135.
If the pump is not damaged beyond repair internally then a repair kit (which includes E-seals, O-Rings, shaft seal, snap ring, backup seals, axial seal kit, & case seals) is Part Number 278-8716 & retails for $105.

upload_2021-1-17_0-13-24.png

Tferrari1569

Ok. I have to pull my hydrostatic pump for a rebuild. I drained hydraulic tank tonight and was a little milky at first. Some how I need to flush the system

lantraxco

Check the filters for milky oil, typically that's water and may only have been in the tank bottom. If your filters show no sign of it and you're rebuilding the drive pumps anyway, probably no real need to worry. Of course you will put fresh filters in and change them after 50 or 100 hours, whatever mother CAT recommends.

Nige

Where did you find that diagram for the "work tool pump" I can't seem to find it.
I can't remember TBH. It may have come from a Training Manual.

EDIT: Looking at it again and considering the OP's question regarding what pump performs what function it appears as though I stitched together two illustrations. If you look at the charge pump on the left you can see that the ident numbers on the illustration are actually reversed.

Last edited:

Bill Ebert

Ok, I was looking at the cat online parts website for CAT0287BPZSA02838 and it was not showing that work tool pump and I was confused if this one had it or not.

Nige

Ok, I was looking at the cat online parts website for CAT0287BPZSA02838 and it was not showing that work tool pump and I was confused if this one had it or not.
Search for 261-6097 Pump Gp or 261-6169 Hydraulic Arrangement.
ZSA02838 is High Flow and has a Work Tool pump but it is a different Part Number to the above and the illustration looks different.