• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 287 usmc mtl

JGamble

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator - USMC
Well at Camp Atterbury, I was tasked with making a fire trail wider. Needless to say, this trail was two ruts when we started. I moved in with a Case 1150E and two CAT 287"s with the govies package added. Well, two days into the project, it rained. We were using reclaimed blacktop as a filler and as a finisher. BUT, before that, we needed to level the area :eek:. My LT, being only a couple months in the fleet as a true ENG officer, decided this MTL with a compactor attachment would be a great idea. Here is a pic that says other wise. I used the winch on the 1150 to pull it out. Man, what a nightmare. Enjoy....

Regards,
Sgt G:usa

Attachments

• 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1,044

JDOFMEMI

Mud!
Looks like fun, at least for the firs 5 minutes, then it is a lot like work.

Thanks for the post and thanks for your service.