• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 289D Bucket Inclinometer Calibration

Ross0133

I have a Cat 289D with Self Leveling Bucket. It came up with a Bucket Inclinometer sensor high voltage and code 3700-13 Bucket Inclinometer sensor out of calibration. I fixed the High Voltage code by splicing all 3 of the wires that go to the sensor back together but I still had the Calibration code. I then installed a brand new sensor but still have a code. Has anyone ever ran into this? Does anyone have the calibration Procedure for these sensors? Thanks in advance.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Unfortunately you are going to require the services of ET to do the calibration. See attached.
Not necessarily a dealer-only job if you can find a local independent mechanic who has ET.

Attachments

• UENR3699-17 - Calibrations.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 17

stourpaine

Occupation
Retired mechanic
when you say you replaced the sensor do you mean the one on the rh side of the boom ..or the one on the rh side boom tower? are you 100% sure the code is 3700-13 and not 3700-3?? if you have 3700-3 you still have a open the wires break in 2 places down near the base of the boom sensor and where they turn and head down the rh boom (inside) the boom they come out at the rear RH side with a dt plug on the end , after fixing the wires or replacing the short harness the 3700-3 code will go away and not need a calibration. the other round sensor on the rh boom tower will always need calibration. as Nige said not necessarily a dealer job as some people do buy a vertion of SIS and could do a calibration for you NP

Ross0133

I replaced the bucket inclinometer sensor on the RH side of the coupler plate at the bucket and yes I am 100% sure it is Code 3700-13

Chrisso

Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Once you're all calibrated up make sure your ET person leaves ET connected and gives everything a good test afterwards by cycling the boom and tilt circuits through their full range of movement multiple times, and make sure the readings you're getting from the rotary position sensor on the load frame seem reasonable.

Position sensors do fail and a few glitches during normal operation now and then will trigger the -13 among other codes, however a -3 on the inclinometer sensor alone should not cause a -13.

Make sure they take a Product Status Report before they clear all the codes and feel free to post it here if problems persist.