• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 308d

CMSMOKE

Can anyone tell me if a bucket from a 308C will fit a 308D, or can you give me the specs. on a 308D. (Pin centers, Face spread, and Pin diameter.)
Thanks
Tony

bigbob

My Cat dealer had told me a few weeks ago the 307c bucket will not fit the 307d. Same Should apply to the 308.

CMSMOKE

Thanks, Bob
I was told the same thing about the 308, but the dealer wasn't 100% sure. He had a machine on site, but no bucket or coupler. I work for a bucket manufacturer and need to lug a slab crab for a 308D and am having a hard time finding finding this information. I guess I need to find a D model sitting somewhere and measure it up. I was an operator for 27 years before I took this job and always hated the way that manufacturers could not leave you use the same buckets, spare tires and wheels, ect. on the new model machine especially when you have 3 or 4 of the same machine in your fleet! Sometimes change may be needed, but other times I beleive it is just greedy.