• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat 311

CAT_D-8N

Occupation
genral operator
Ok we have a 311 cat at work that doesn’t like to travel or turn after it gets hot maybe a hour of working hard my 1st thought was the finals are going out I talked to a good friend that used to work at ho Penn the cat dealer in ct and he said it could be the turn table where the oil flows through to get to the finals any ideas from you experts on here

JoeS1989

Sounds like the finals to me! We had the exact same problem on a Komatsu PC180LC-7 that works our recycling yard! Sorted after we put two new drives on it! Is there any oil in the drives itself?

Joe

Pecord Exc

there are a couple of o-rings in the swing assembly, we had Penn come out and fix the same problem with our 312b, less than $500 later and she is as good as new. Call them out to take care of it, it is a easy fix but tough to do right if you catch my drift.

KMB83

Occupation
farmer
i recently had cat come out and replace the o-rings in the swivel from the turn table to the undercarriage on my 320.

with labor it was in the $800-1000 range. mostly labor.

runs much better.

id check there first....