• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 315 working on the Railroad

Pixie

Occupation
remodeling
Spotted this near the tracks in Gorham NH
Odd thing is : this track hasn't seen a train ( as far as I know... ) for a couple of years.

Attachments

• RRXpix.jpg
    RRXpix.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 508

Dualie

hmm rubber track pads for traction and everything. Makes me wonder why they didnt just put hydraulic drive motors on the wheel ends and save the hassle. Also not even a hitch provision to allow it to be pulled down the rails by something more suited to apply traction to the rails.

Pixie

Occupation
remodeling
There's several pickup trucks with narrowed axles that go on the RR tracks around here. Guess this seemed like a logical/cheap plan.
Looks like it has a second engine on the back ? Maybe they are going to put a brontosaurus head on it and do some tree trimming ?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Looks like it has a second engine on the back ? Maybe they are going to put a brontosaurus head on it and do some tree trimming ?

I would wager that machine is set up to cut brush due to the aux. engine, front screen and extra piping on the boom.;)

Dualie

since the line has been inactive for a while it would stand to reason clearing the brush and overgrowth from around it would be the first step to recommissioning it.

Pixie

Occupation
remodeling
Not hard to find this morning....

Attachments

• pixCATrr.jpg
    pixCATrr.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 326

Dualie

I hope they are going to pick it up on the other end. That would be a slow long trek back.