• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 316 EL

Reuben Frazier

Our mechanic is down south working on our other equipment and our CAT 316 has been detuned to the point if it’s showing half power. Everything works as it should and no issues leading up to it but it is showing all the service‘s are in the red. It’s been serviced but we can’t access the system to reset them without a computer since we don’t have the password and our guy has it down south so my question is could this essentially put it in limp mode or so we have another problem all together? Never had a machine act like this before,

Reuben Frazier

It was derated from a faulty DPF module along with a bad lift pump and it’s running normal again but I need to reset the service intervals anyway so I appreciate the information gentleman!!!