• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 320B hammer operation

Pep Joe

Occupation
Heavy equipment technician
Having issues to use a 320B excavator with a hammer. It has never been used with a hammer before, we need to use it now but it's not working. we pressed the pushed switch on the top of the right hand joystick and nothing works. Please we need your help on how to get the hammer working. Machine sn prefix is 1XS
Thanks.

AzIron

I dont think a b series had buttons on the factory controls it was a pedal on the floor and I know some that left the factory with out went with an aftermarket electric pedal or aftermarket controls with a push button

heymccall

I had 322B machines with 4 tool auxiliary systems. The joystick had two facing buttons.
I had 330B machines with single electric foot pedal (1 way hydraulics).

If you don't have two facing buttons, you probably have a 1 way system.

A whole serial number would allow access to the build ticket.

Pep Joe

Occupation
I dont think a b series had buttons on the factory controls it was a pedal on the floor and I know some that left the factory with out went with an aftermarket electric pedal or aftermarket controls with a push button
Thanks for your reply the foot pedal won't ON the hammer too when depressed.
Are you trying to say B series are not factory programmed to work with hammer?

Pep Joe

Occupation
I had 322B machines with 4 tool auxiliary systems. The joystick had two facing buttons.
I had 330B machines with single electric foot pedal (1 way hydraulics).

If you don't have two facing buttons, you probably have a 1 way system.

A whole serial number would allow access to the build ticket.
This is the whole serial number 1xs00558
thanks

AzIron

Thanks for your reply the foot pedal won't ON the hammer too when depressed.
Are you trying to say B series are not factory programmed to work with hammer?
No if it was plumbed from the factory it would have a pilot controlled pedal mounted to the floor otherwise it probably was plumbed after market and the easiest way to do so for one way hydros was an electric pedal that was lose on the floor

Just to be thorough is the shut off valves open on the end of the dipper were the hoses hook up

Pep Joe

Occupation
my other smart guy just fabricated a push switch and supply current to the hammer solenoid anytime it is pushed. That is how we are using it for now