• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat 320bl swivel

waynechute

Hey guys had a external leak at the swivel, seems it was the fitting for the small line that goes in below the larger 2 lines, had some extreme cold weather here and I suspect there was water around it and it froze damaging the fitting the line attaches to,it stripped the threads out, now I can not see into the swivel to see if its threads are damaged but I suspect they are, how do I remove the swivel so I can work on it better, never had one out, all I have is a parts book.Anyone ever run into this problem before, cat 320 bl 1999 serial #6cr02059.
thanks Wayne

waynechute

p.s its the small line on the top side, looking towards the rear of the machine left side below the 2 larger lines, also machine is in a terrible spot is that small line what applies the brake and can I plug the line going to the valve to just move the machine? or will I loose oil at the swivel where the fitting goes in.

Per Eriksson

That's for selecting travel speed so you can plug it and move the machine to a better location.

To remove the housing you disconnect all hoses, undo the clamp around the base, remove the top cover and the 2 bolts inside and pull straight up, while you have it apart replace the seals inside, they are cheap.

waynechute

thanks a million, sometimes hard to get you head around this when you have no service book, I'm heading out now to give it a try and get it off, just not looking forward to standing on my head lol! again thanks Wayne

waynechute

Everything went smooth ,instructions where to a tee, thanks again, reassembling it this morning with new seals.
Wayne

MNorby

Searching around brought me to this thread. We have a 320BL that is having tracking issues. Low track power on one side and not tracking straight. From everything I read most often that points to a swivel reseal job. Did you find some instructions/diagrams when you did yours? Would you mind sharing? Thank you.